Tuesday 27 March 2012

A bit of Summer Splash

Hi All, I meant to post this yesterday but just ran out of time (does this happen to you to???)  before the Nautical Journey class last night.  Thanks to the lovely ladies that came along a very enjoyable night making "manly" projects.

This card was a bit of an experiment using shimmer spritz (Frost White Shimmer Paint & Isocol) which I coloured using reinkers.  I did three bottles in different colours, Old Olive, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  I spritzed the colours over a piece of whisper white card stock and let it dry completely.  Next time I'll try watercolour paper and see what effect that gives me. I liked the effect although the colours are quite muted so I'm not sure how you'd go using the Subtles Collection Colours.



Project Recipe:
Stamps: Summer Splash, Party This Way
Ink:  Old Olive
Card: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Old Olive
Big Shot etc: Perfect Polka Dots
Punches: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, Round Tab, 1 3/4" Circle
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Old Olive, Baja Breeze & Not Quite Navy Reinkers, Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon SAB, Dimensionals

So what did you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  Hope you all have a fabulous week.


No comments:

Post a Comment