Monday 30 January 2012

Birthday's Galore

Happy Birthday Mum!  Yep you guessed it today is my Mum's Birthday!  Here's hoping she had a very wonderful day.  Because we live 170km away from each other I went up to celebrate her birthday with her over the weekend.  We had a lovely dinner out with the family Friday night at our favourite Chinese Restaurant, yummo!!!  I rang early this morning to wish her a happy birthday and after talking with her this afternoon she had a lovely day.

My Dad's Birthday is also in January and was a week ago... so this post is actually for Dad's Birthday card not Mum's.  But because I wasn't going home until this last weekend... um... I didn't make it until last Thursday five days after Dad's Birthday.  Which is why I didn't put the pictures up earlier... yep bad girl I know.  Just in case your starting to snooze off now with all my mindless chatter here is the card.



Woopsie sorry the picture is a little dark, but you can see it pretty well.  I'm not so great with the camera, hopefully I'll improve as we go.

Project Recipe:
Stamps: The Open Sea, Party This Way
Ink Early Espresso
Card: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Nautical Expedition DSP
Big Shot etc: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die, Circles #2 Die
Accessories:  Sponge Dauber, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Early Espresso Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Dimensionals

I love to use sketches to help keep my card layouts interesting.  So for Dad's Birthday Card I used this sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 150.  I was too late to actually link my card into the gallery there.  But to see the Sketch directly from the blog click this link Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 150 simply scroll down the page it is the second post.
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Yep it took me forever but I'm finally a blogging girl. Thanks for dropping in :O)

    ReplyDelete