Monday 20 February 2012

Monday Mojo

Hi All, hope you've all got a bit of Monday mojo like me today.  Usually Monday's are my least favourite day of the week, it's a bit hard to let go of the weekend and get back into the swing of the working week.  But I've changed my mind this evening as my mojo is going strong tonight.  I've designed a new card for an upcoming class/workshop I'm holding using the Nautical Expression DSP and The Open Sea stamp set from the Summer Mini... I will post more details and some photo's soon.

However tonight I'll show you one of the cards we made at last month's stamp club.  This stamp club was so much fun, they all are but this one seemed extra fun as we added a musical element to go with the first card as shown below...



As you can see it's an easel card, these cards are so much fun to make.  I can't believe I waited so long to make one, I mistakenly thought they were tricky.  As you can see we feature the Spice Cake DSP and have used a co-ordinating ink colour for the main image and sentiment. 

The Lion from Zoo Review was our inspiration for our musical addition, everytime I see this lion I can't help but sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" or the Wimoweh song by Solomon Linda.  I also keep humming "Leo the lion is the king of the jungle".  Some of the ladies said it reminded them of Kimba the White lion, so I googled it in class and had a YouTube of the theme song playing while we stamped... it was so enjoyable and a lovely evening.

Project Recipe:
Stamps: Zoo Review, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink:  More Mustard
Card: Early Espresso, Whisper White, More Mustard, Spice Cake DSP
Big Shot etc: Scallop Circles #2, Circles #2 Dies, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Punches: Word Window, Modern Label
Accessories: Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy. I'm afraid that I have to admit that I'm old enough to remember Kimba the White Lion. It was my favourite cartoon when I was little. Glad you launched into easel cards - super easy and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bron, glad I could bring up a happy memory of your favourite cartoon. Easel cards are so great as you know you are the queen of easel cards and you do them so well. I so love the Butterfly Easel swap I got from you at convention last year.

    ReplyDelete