Monday 13 February 2012

Creative Weekend

Hi All

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  I had one of those rare weekends with little on, well apart from the groceries and usual chores... lol there's no escape from them.  So for a change I had a chance to chill out read, watch some TV and you guessed it play, which is a rare treat.  It seems that every time I pick up a stamp set I design a card for a class or monthly club get together.  Which is great I love creating and designing, but it was so lovely to just play around with some of my stamps and goodies with no end goal in mind.

What I came up with was a couple of cards which are a little bit out of my usual, especially in colour schemes.  I featured citris tones, yellow's, oranges, reds and greens... don't worry I'll tell you the real colour names shortly.  I really want to improve my watercolouring skills, so played around with some markers and blender pens to come up with this creation...




I am quite happy with how it came out, although I still think I need some more practice.  I must admit it's not a hardship I find it soothing to do watercolouring.  If you like it have a go with some of your markers and a blender pen.  I did base my card on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge from January SFF012012, check it out here Sketch Frenzy Friday 20 Jan 2012

Project Recipe:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, French Foliage, Curly Cute
Ink:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Black Stazon Ink
Card: Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla, Watercolour Card
Big Shot etc: Scallop Die, Petal Cone Die
Punches: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
Accessories: Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade & Sahara Sand Markers, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon

Have a great week and Happy Stamping :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment