Wednesday 23 August 2017

Hello Friend

Hi All
          I have a wonderful friend who regularly mails cards out to family and friends, some just to say hi, some to help perk them up if they are having a hard time.  It's such a wonderful expression of caring to write and send that card in the mail and to know the person on the other end will get a nice surprise and a bit of joy when they open the mail.

I made this card as a bit of homage to that process and also to remind me to send a card just because rather than just for big occasions.  So here's to you my friend... you know who you are :O).  For this card I used the Lovely Inside & Out Stamp Set it's such a fun set with it's bold words and shapes. This stamp set also co-ordinates with the Lovely Words Thinlits which are just gorgeous.  When purchased as a bundle you can save 10% and know you will get lots of use out of both as they co-ordinate so well together.

I stamped the Fresh Fig circle image first as a background, the trick with any background is to stamp your images in a triangle - this helps balance things out.  Then I cleaned the circle stamp and stamped it again in Sweet Sugarplum.  Lastly I stamped the Smoky Slate droplet image randomly over the background.  I stamped the word Friend in Sweet Sugarplum first and then stamped the Hello in Fresh Fig so I could line it up as I liked.  Then I punched the layer with the Triple Banner punch and tied a bow with the Whisper White Bakers twine and layered it all together.



Stamp Set: Lovely Inside & Out, Thoughtful Banners
Inks: Fresh Fig, Sweet Sugarplum, Smoky Slate
Card: Fresh Fig, Sweet Sugarplum, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Punches: Triple Banner
Accessories: Whisper White Bakers Twine, Dimensionals, Tear Tape Adhesive

Stampin' Up! have released some new products into the Clearance Rack once again so check it out at  My Online Store along with any of the products you may like from the above project.

No comments:

Post a Comment