Saturday 12 August 2017

Medallions Make Me Smile

Hello All
               I don't know about you but I am drawn to medallion shapes, I just love the intricate designs and the circular shape.  I wanted to make the focus of this card on the sentiment and the medallion behind.  So to embrace the symmetry I made it a square card so it would all balance.

I centred the medallion in the middle of the Tranquil Tide card stock layer and then ran it through my Big Shot.  I adhered the Tranquil Tide to the Lemon Lime Twist card layer and then onto the card base.  I stamped the circular border image in Lemon Lime Twist onto Whisper White and then stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide in the centre.  I then punched the images out using the 2" Circle Punch and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  You could easily add some Basic Pearl or Rhinestone Jewels to this card to add a bit of bling.

A handy tip when stamping with photopolymer stamps place a Stampin' Matt underneath your card layer this will give you a nice clear image stamped.  Because of the nature of photopolymer stamps they don't have the cushioning layer that clear mount and wood mount stamps do.  So the Stampin' Matt provides the cushion.


Stamp Set: Eastern Beauty 
Ink: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist
Card: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
Big Shot: Eastern Medallion Thinlits
Punches: 2" Circle
Accessories: Tear Tape Adhesive, Dimensionals, Stampin' Matt

Products Available in a Bundle at 10% Discount
Eastern Beauty Stamp Set is available as a Bundle with Eastern Medallion Thinlits

If you liked this project any of the products can be purchased through me directly or via my Online Store.


No comments:

Post a Comment