Saturday 18 November 2017

Magical Mermaid

Hiya Everyone
                        Here's the card I made for my niece's birthday recently.  I used the brand new Stampin' Blends Markers the Stampin' Up! version of alcohol markers.  There are twelve exclusive colours available to be purchased as individual markers in Light or Dark Shades or as a Combination pack.
The colours included are: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pink Pirhouette, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate.  There are also individual markers in Ivory, Bronze and the colour lifter.


 For the background I used the Marbled Background Stamp and inked it with Lemon Lime Twist,  sponged on Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo to make the mottled background.  I stamped the sentiment from Magical Mermaid in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White and cut out with Stitched Shape Framelits.  I layered it onto a scallop circle in Bermuda Bay from the Layering Circle Framelits. 

The Mermaid I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White card.  Then I used the Bermuda Bay marker to colour the fins on the tail & back, the scales on the tail I coloured with Old Olive.  The arm I coloured with Ivory and the hair I coloured with Ivory, Crumb Cake and Bronze markers.  Then I coloured over the whole lot with Clear Wink of Stella for a totally Magical Mermaid.

Stamp Set: Magical Mermaid, Marbled Background
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Big Shot: Stitched Shape Framelits, Layering Circle Framelits
Accessories: Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella, Sponge Dauber



No comments:

Post a Comment